I have imagined a silent society:
No one talks, screams, shouts. Talking reduces the time for thinking. Words and sounds that come from mouth just fly to the sky and create extra pollution. Fine arts such as painting/ drawing, sculpture, poetry and music (only the instrumental kind) are used as means of communication. Beside music, the only sounds one can hear are either from nature; animals, wind, etc. or non-living things. Since visualising thoughts takes huge part of the way of relating with others, one have to be perfect in this to explain oneself clearly, of course if one wants to be understood. The children directly start at fine arts school, again no one talks but everybody learns.
What he was seeing was ready to turn into a cloud. He opened his eyes. The dreams starting to fade with the sunlight. Were waiting to meet the others. It was then he felt the cold. Warm – while he was following them. And now it is time to go.
Photo by Andrea Baioni
From foot to head
from Thursday, March 17th to Wednesday, April 20th 2016
GALLERIA ARTEPASSANTE STAZIONE PORTA VENEZIA Railway station Porta Venezia, Milano Entrance METRO corner Buenos Aires/Tunisia
The exhibition From foot to head originates in the course of Project Methodology of the MA Degree in Fashion and Textile Design NABA (Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti Milano, Italy). The course inspiration has a root sprouting from Cinzia Ruggeri insight on the desire of everyone to “leave a trace, a sign, a message” Cinzia Ruggeri challenge her students to think of a possible footprint that encompasses the personality of their alter ego. These visions are materialised through the manual construction of the elements that constitute the identity: the footprint, the shoe, apparel and accessory. All elements are hand-made, using a methodology that favours intuition and a taste for storytelling. The exhibition reveals these quiet and poetic presences.
- Decomposition (Bibiana Álvarez, Spain)
- Hybrid (Giulia Conversano, Italy)
- Entangled Chant (Gozde Tekin, Turkey)
- Cage (Jiajun Emmie Wang, China)
- Eyes (Jo-Wei Sunny Wang, Taiwan)
- Positive/negative Disintegration/reconstruction (Lidiya Suteva, Bulgary)
- Sole allover (Mihaly Domokos, Hungary)
- Nori (Oana Juganaru, Romania)
- Existential travel (Senay Aslan, Turkey)
- Prisoner (Shirley Loor, Ecuador)
- Moonlight serenade (Shuo Wang, Cina)
- Ethereal Flow (Susanne Sandgren, Norwey)
- Lantern (Wanjing Li, China)